Occupying Wall Street, but Why?

I trust the general message of the movement, but that isn't what motivated me to leave my family behind as well as take this journey. Ten days into the Occupation associated with Wall St, I ran into an article about this online. The article was straightforward but in the comments sections people had sunk to some whole new low calling the protesters gutter punks and ravers with no raves to visit. Judging them by their appearance, they decided they couldn't possibly have anything important to say, even before they heard the message of the movement.

To those people I say, now I may also be part of this movement and I am a successful small business operator. You lose all credibility when you start off disparaging people, regardless of whether or not the point you're making is valid. I would like to make a place. Anyone would look pretty rough after camping out on Wall Street for days regardless of what their social-economic background is. That doesn't make their stage invalid.

There is much criticism that these "occupiers" have no valid solutions. It is not their job to help to make solutions. Their job is to send a message. Which message is: Corporate America contributes so much money in order to politics, how can we as individuals, expect our constituents to become loyal to us over them?

As far as options go, I have some opinions. Instead of giving big businesses vast amounts of dollars the government should stop taking money away from smaller businesses. For example, If I hire a guy for $10 an hour or so, it ends up costing me $13-14 dollars per hour through the time I am done paying payroll taxes. There ought to be no such tax on a business that has under a certain number of employees. If you want businesses to employ, you have to make it easy for them to do this. Just like my idea, many people in this motion have great ideas. But great ideas don't get the interest of our government, lobbyists and fistfuls of dollars perform.

What I have mentioned already was reason enough personally to go, but what I saw next made it impossible to stay idle. Yesterday I came across a video called "Step through Step: What happened on the Brooklyn Bridge". In this video I saw what looked like police walking while watching protesters to the bridge and then blocking them from behind once everybody was on the bridge. I noted that the crowd was hearing police instructions. I noticed that the cops in front were continue. Anyone who has been to a parade, rally or protest knows that police block off areas they don't want you to be. My point is that when they did not want them on the bridge, why do they lead them there? I noted in other videos that I watched that many everyone was extremely calm and even smiling during the time of arrest.

I will Occupy Wall Street simply because of this injustice. I am not anti-establishment, but I believe within an establishment that is just and fair to all.