Bad Customer Service - A Customers Perspective

If all the big companies that I work with have conspired together to make me crazy, you tend to be rapidly succeeding. If I talk to another person in Mumbai that doesn't speak clear English I will hang up and call back numerous times until WE get an English speaking lady named Betty. If you think I will sit back and pay more money for no cause and less service Netflix…. You're Wrong. Hello RedBox. Hi BlueBox, nice to meet you. Goodbye AT&T Hello Run. I love the ironic nature of American Express Corporation farming out customer support to India. The companies name is American Express, not really Mumbai Express. Maybe I should write to them and keep these things change it.

I love the phone calls to customer support where the representative, repeats back exactly what you simply said verbatim. This must be in there training plan. Then they transfer your call to three different customer support reps and they all repeat back exactly what you are saying. Pretty soon after an hour on hold you think you've called a cult of some kind and you simply hang up. The reason for this article is I simply hung up with Ebay customer service. Now I adore ebay. I shop with them, I sell with all of them. I think they are the cats meow. No other company on the planet is like Ebay. But the call goes like the above mentioned. Three different service reps, all of which kept duplicating back my issue. Only two of which spoke British well. Naturally my issue was never resolved and I simply hung up and took care of what I could do by myself. Meg Whitman where are you when I need a person? Oh yeah you are over at Hewlett Packard trying to deal with some of their issues.

Another funny story this week was when my corporate email system went down several times during the period of a two week period and my website crashed. I missed a couple emails from clients that were important and had to visit yahoo to send out a "professional corporate email". I run a small company in Atlanta and this is just one of the joys of running small businesses. So I called the technology people in Chicago as well as say "hey I still can't send email, I am confident I am not receiving email and my whole business site crashed. " So one of the programmers that speaks in code not English sends me quite a curt email that says: "You have been sending out an excessive amount of spam, blocking up our servers and basically being a poor customer. " So this really set me over the edge because I'd had just about enough bad customer service this week so I say "If I can't send any (Expletive) emails out, then how can WE send any (expletive) spam out? And then I state, even if I am a mad spammer----uni-bomber don't you've spam protection? You are an (expletive) technology company. We worked it out once the president of the company called me to apologize. He's the guy that speaks English and doesn't talk within code to his customers. I could go on and on but I'm not. I sometimes don't know whether to laugh or cry with one of these companies so I will just laugh now that I've written it down it is somewhat cathartic.